Friday, February 1, 2013

Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Lotion Review and entry for $500 Visa Gift Card Sweepstakes!!


PETAL WOMAN

Hello Fashion Bugs, I have a very exciting product that I want to tell you about. I am very, very excited about this product for many reasons. One, being the affordability. One thing I have heard the most from my fashionista's is how expensive skincare is today and you are correct, it can be. However, it doesn't have to be. Everyone wants to have a good skincare regimen that provides them with a glowing, flawless complexion but as stated, it can be very costly and then with the endless aisles of Skin care products that can intimidate even the most seasoned beauty guru, many just simply give up. Well, skincare doesn't have to be costly or intimidating and with Alpha Hydrox by Neoteric Cosmetics, I will show you how you can have a good skin care regimen at a price that any fashionista can afford!

First of all, this product is truly for everyone. No matter your age, skin tone, ethnicity, or even gender. Yes, skincare is not just for women, it is just as important for men to take care of their skin! Alpha Hydrox has a huge product line so your sure to find the products that fit your needs. I was surprised to see they even have a product line for diabetics which can be found Here. The product I have been using is the Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Lotion. First, let me give you some important information about this product, including why it is so effective.

What is Alpha Hydrox and how does it work:

Alpha Hydrox features AHA's or Alpha Hydroxy Acids. AHA's are natural and are found in foods like citrus fruits, nuts and sour milk. The AHA used in Alpha Hydrox is glycolic acid and it is made from sugarcane. AHA are exfoliates. They remove the top layer of dead skin cells. AHA's work by loosening the glue like bonds that hold dead skin cells to the surface.

Alpha Hydrox and other AHA products tingle for a minute or so when you first start using them. This is an indication that they are working. The tingling sensation usually happens only the first few times you use Alpha Hydrox. This is normal and goes away as your skin adapts. The AHA's, however, will continue to work as long as you use them. ( I felt slight tingling for the first 3 days and then it subsided)  Unlike scrubs and dermabrasion, which also exfoliate, AHA's are gentler and less irritating to the skin. AHA's can be used once or twice a day. A scrub should never be used that much.

Since AHA's can be used so often, they "trick" the skin into thinking it needs to produce new cells. When using AHA's once or twice a day, skin is in a constant state of turnover and renewal. This means the newest healthiest skin is at the surface, not the layer of old dead skin. As a result, AHA's help to even skin tone and texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. AHA's make skin feel softer and smoother while keeping it moist and plump.

When using AHA's in the morning or during the day, you should wear a sunscreen. ( I recommend the Sheer Silk Moisturizer w/ SPF 15 ) The dead layer of skin is the body's natural way of protecting skin from the damaging effects of the sun. Exfoliation means removing the dead skin, leaving skin more vulnerable to sun damage.  AHA's themselves do not make you more vulnerable to the sun but the effect they have on skin does. It is wise to wear a sunscreen everyday anyway.

AHA's are the only skin care treatment that continues to show results over time. The more you use it, the better your skin will look and feel. Botox, Rejuvederm, dermabrasion, surgery, etc. have a diminishing effect over time.

Alpha Hydrox was the first to make AHA's available without a prescription. Alpha Hydrox also has the highest percentage available over the counter.

My Personal Experience:


This is what I received.....


The first thing I noticed and liked about this, it is a 6 oz bottle. This will definitely last awhile. I hate when I see a product I want to try. It's in a box like this, you open it up and the bottle is actually 1oz and so small your lucky if you even get 30 days worth of use and the worst part is you just paid $ 60  or so for it. The next thing I noticed is this is fragrance free, I hate those skincare products that have such an offensive scent you can't even use it. Next, the consistency is very light. It is not heavy at all and absorbs into the skin quickly. The directions are very clear, you use it twice a day. Once in the morning and again at night after cleansing your face. After the first use I noticed a tingling like the directions stated I would. It was not enough to make me stop using the product, it wasn't even enough to be bothersome. I also noticed my skin definitely had a softer feel. After a couple uses I noticed the dullness wasn't as pronounced and my skin had a radiant glow. After a full week of use other's started to notice a visible difference in my skin. My skin now seems be firmer, more even skin tone, and the moisture seems to have returned to my skin. I couldn't bee happier with the results I have gotten so far and definitely can't wait to see what the results will show after 30 full days. I must admit I am very surprised. I did not expect to see results like this because of the price. I think we all make that mistake though. For some reason we got it in our heads that if it's expensive, it has to be good and if it is inexpensive in price, then it must be lacking in effectiveness. This may be true at times but it is not the norm. This Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Lotion  sells for only $10.99!! Alpha Hydrox is by far the best skin care value. All Alpha Hydrox products are under $20 and AHA's are $10-$15.



This is exceptional! The quality of this skin care is by far amazing! I can't believe you can get this kind of quality for such a small price but you can with Alpha Hydrox and with skin care being as important as it is, we all deserve to have great skin care products that produce incredible results that we can all afford and thanks to Alpha Hydrox....We can!  So ladies, there are no more excuses. I know skincare can be a daunting task but there are things you can do to actually turn it into a treat, something you look forward to. Try this....Get you some kind of small tray to keep on your nightstand by your bed. Put all your skincare products on there along with a small aromatherapy candle ( lavender is a really good scent for relaxing, especially for sleeping) . Get in your in bed about 15 minutes or so before your ready to turn the lights out. Light your candle, pull your hair back, turn on some Nora Jones (my personal favorite for this routine) relax and do your skincare regimen there along with some nice hand and body lotion. When your done, blow the candle out, put on a nice sleep mask ( Victoria Secret has some nice, inexpensive ones) lay back and have a nice relaxing sleep. You will actually get a better night sleep and this routine will be one you start to look forward to every night!!


FACIAL CARE GIFT

Check this out! You can get the "Facial Care Kit" Which includes:


  • 1-Foaming face wash
  • 1-12%  AHA Souffle
  • 1- Retinol ResQ
  • 1-Sheer Silk Moisturizer w/ SPF 15
  • 1- Batiste Dry Shampoo-Blush
  • 1- Reference Guide to AHA's 
You can get all of this for only $49.96! That's less than you'll pay for 1 skincare product everywhere else. Think Valentine's Day!  There are so many other products to choose from also. There are several other kits available that start out as low as $25, click Here to check them all out.

They also carry Batiste Dry Shampoo in 11 different scents and 3 different sizes. I love, love, love dry shampoo and I know you guys do too, I hope to have a review of it very soon as well as the Montagne Jeunesse single use mask and peels.

Verdict: I highly recommend this brand and product to everyone. I am very excited and completely satisfied with the results I am getting. I can't believe how affordable these products are or how incredible the quality is. I challenge you all to try it out. It's $10.99, the price of a hamburger, so what do you have to lose beside all those dead skin cells and uneven skin tone? Try it out for yourself, I promise you will be as surprised, excited and satisfied as I am!

Oh Yeah, How would you like to win a $500 Visa Gift Card?  Neoteric Cosmetics are sponsoring a "Love Your Skin" Sweepstakes and the randomly selected winner will receive a $500 Visa Gift Card. The winner will be announced on Friday, February 15th at 12:00 noon MST.  To be eligible to win you must like their facebook page by clicking Here and then fill out the entry form Here. Also, Please follow their twitter page by clicking Here and that's it! Good luck to all my fellow fashion bugs!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment