Monday, December 17, 2012

Birchbox Review and Points Purchase- November 2012- Monthly Beauty and Lifestyle Box



The Box- BirchBox

The Products- Deluxe and Full size Beauty and Lifestyle Products

The cost- $10 monthly (Inc. shipping) - 3, 6 & 12 month subscription available also


Masqueology Revitalizing Eye Gel- (1 pk of eye mask)- Value- $8

Masqueology 7D day & night cream- 0.03 oz- Value- $ .33

Masqueology Masque Cleanse- 0.03 oz- Value- $ .15

I really like the Revitalizing Eye Gel, Eye mask and found them to add a lot of value to the box. I was able to get a good idea of how the product worked by the size of the sample and really liked it However, the other two added no value at all to this box. The samples were so small that I did not have enough for even one use. They do consider these to be "extras" meaning not part of the monthly samples that you pay for but I see no extra value to adding samples that are so small you can't get even 1 use out of them... Useless and pointless!



Kiehl's Creme de Corps- 1 oz- Value- $ 4.50


I love Kiehl's products and was very glad to see this. I had never tried the Creme de Corps but heard very good things and read many great reviews and I after trying it myself I agree with them all. I love it and will be buying a full size bottle of this! Highly recommend to everyone!



Stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer - 0.05 oz- Value- $ 6.70

MCMC Perfume-Phoenix- 0.05 oz- Value- $2.37

I really like the Stila all-over luminizer. I used it alone as a highlighter on my cheekbones, decolletage etc.. and mixed it in with my foundation for an all over glow. I loved how it looked both ways but I think my favorite was mixing it in with my foundation, also I loved this perfume!!! It has an amazing scent...It's light, warm and has some vanilla and peach notes...Very feminine, I really want the full size of this one!


BirchBox also included a $15 off coupon to Chromatic for a pair of heels, they are very cute and not too bad at $88 a pair. They also included this cute little gift box to put one of your samples in or a small gift of your own to gift to a friend. A cute idea but call me selfish...I don't want to share my samples with anyone! I get this box every month for me, a small reward for myself but again, I do think it's a cute idea to put a lip gloss, lip balm, that perfect little eye shadow or really anything in that your BFF would love, just to say thanks for keeping all those juicy secrets!

Verdict: I love Birchbox and feel somewhat sentimental about them as they were my first beauty box. I have been a little disappointed the last few months with the samples I have received but you have to think of things in the right context also. Because of the points I received when I reviewed the products, this box only cost me $4 because I received 60 points which = $6, I have cashed my points in several times for killer products and as you will see below I cashed 500 points in this time and ordered an amazing gift set from Borghese. If you look at it that I paid $4 for this box, I received $22.05 worth of products plus a $15 off coupon so really this is an amazing value. So, can I really be disappointed at all? When you look at it like that...No, I am getting great products at an amazing value! I do love Birchbox and I will continue to keep this subscription and I do recommend it. They have had some killer boxes the last few months, I just didn't get the one's I really wanted but for the most part I have been VERY happy,  so...There, I guess I have satisfied myself...and yes, all this rambling was more to make up my own mind than yours..lol...


This is the Amazing Gift set I received for the points I cashed in....It cost me $ 0.00!!!



BORGHESE Spa Divine Gift Set- Value $50

This Gift Set is amazing...The actual value is incredible, all the products are full size and if bought separately would cost you over $200...I couldn't believe it when I started adding the cost of all the products up...this is one of the best values I have ever seen in a Gift set like this and it is so beautifully packaged also! The top is like velvet...It would a perfect gift. It is also the perfect set if you want to try the Borghese line out.



This set included:

  • Crema Spaonetta Cleansing Cream-Full size
  • Fango Active Mud for face & body- Full size
  •  Bagno Di Vita foaming gel for bath & shower- Full size
  • Cura Di Vita Protettivo Moisturizer with UVA/UVB protection- Full Size
  • CuraForte Moisturizer Intensifier-Full size 
  • Tono Body Cream- Full size
  • Botanico Eye Compress- Full size
I love all the products, They are amazing!! The eye compresses are incredible and I love the mud for face and body....I really love them all, It's just an amazing set that I would highly recommend for any and every body!! Again, This set cost me ZERO dollars...I simply cashed in my points from reviewing the products I get in the box every month!

ALSO....


I received this two-pack add-on which was free and included A deluxe sample of the Dirt Scrub (L-O-V-E) and I received the twist tie bauble for free- special promo if you bought $35 or more....although the gift set didn't actually cost me money, I still got to use the promo ( I chose the stud bauble) and the two-pack add on is $10 or free if you spend $25 or more from the shop.

So what do you think? Do you think Birchbox is a good deal? Are you signed up? Are you going to sign up? Let me know what you think and if you are already signed up...What box did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment